Exploring Three Highly Prospective Energy Metals Projects in Saskatchewan
This Forum Energy Metals profile is part of a paid investor education campaign.*
Saskatchewan ranks first in Canada for mining investment attractiveness. The province is resource-rich and maintains a consistent favorable regulatory environment that offers highly attractive mineral investment opportunities. In 2019, C$7.4 billion in mineral sales were generated.
Saskatchewan is known for the world’s richest high-grade uranium deposits, but remains underexplored for energy metals, thereby offering unparalleled investment opportunities.
Forum Energy Metals (TSXV:FMC,OTCQB:FDCFF) is an exploration and discovery company focused on developing its diverse portfolio of exciting energy metal exploration projects in Saskatchewan. With strong local geological expertise, Forum was early in acquiring attractive properties in the energy metals space, and has leveraged this expertise to attract significant leading industry partners to help position the company for potential significant discoveries.
Key Saskatchewan Projects
- Janice Lake Copper – Rio Tinto C$30 million Option
- Fir Island Uranium – Orano C$6 million Option
- Love Lake Copper-Nickel-Palladium (100 percent)
- Seven Athabasca Basin uranium projects with advanced exploration targets available for partnering
Janice Lake Sedimentary Copper Project
Forum granted Rio Tinto Canada a four-year option to acquire up to an 80 percent interest in the 52 km long district scale (39,943 Ha) Janice Lake sedimentary copper project by spending C$30 million.
In February 2021 Rio Tinto commenced a drill program with two drills to test multiple copper/silver targets.
- Potential for discovery of significant copper open pit resource within 300 meters from surface
- 2019 drilling: 1.09 percent copper over 9.1 meters and 1.32 percent copper over 5 meters within a 51.8 meter interval grading 0.57 percent copper.
- Access via the completion of a 110 kilometer winter road and an 80 person work camp at Burbidge Lake. Power readily available.
- 2020 Summer Rotary Air Blast drill program added multiple new near-surface mineralized copper/silver targets northeast of primary Janice and Jansem targets.
Fir Island Uranium Project
Forum granted the French owned uranium miner and exploration subsidiary Orano Canada (formerly Areva) a four-year option to acquire up to a 70 percent interest in the Fir Island uranium property located on the northeast fringe of the Athabasca Basin by spending $6 million in exploration.
In February 2021 a drill program with two drills commenced to test prioritized targets.
- 20,463 hectare property is highly prospective for shallow unconformity type uranium deposits.
- Shallow near surface to 250 meter targets offsetting major fault structures.
- All weather road access to the provincial highway system and is within driving distance to the Orano operated McClean Lake mill.
Love Lake Nickel-Copper-Platinum-Palladium Project
Forum’s 100 percent owned Love Lake project is located along Highway 905 approximately 60 kilometers north of the Janice Lake project. The property consists of 13 claims totaling 32,075 hectares and is strategically positioned near Forum’s Janice Lake copper project.
- Underexplored district wide nickel-copper-PGM prospect under the direction of PGM expert Dr. Larry Hulbert; very limited historic exploration.
- Geochemical analysis demonstrates nickel and copper depletion at surface and high sulphide content.
- Three feeder zones and two prospective sulphide targets identified.
- Inaugural drill program totaling 3000 meters planned for summer 2021.
Forum is targeting magmatic nickel/copper/platinum/palladium deposits similar to Voisey’s Bay in Canada, as well as to the Nova-Bollinger project and the Julimar project, both in Australia.
Athabasca Basin Uranium Project Profile
Forum holds 7 additional uranium properties within the Athabasca Basin based on a shallow open pit discovery mode
- Northwest Athabasca: Forum 39.5 percent, Cameco 29 percent, Nexgen 20 percent, Orano 12.5 percent
- Maurice Point: 100 percent
- Henday: Rio Tinto 60 percent Forum 40 percent
- Wollaston: 100 percent
- Key Lake Road Properties
- Highrock: 100 percent
- Costigan: 65 percent
- Clearwater: Forum 75 percent, Vanadian 25…